Local government pilots on employment
The role of local authorities as organisers of employment services will be strengthened in line with the Government Programme. In March 2021, local government pilots on employment will be launched in which local authorities will have responsibility for the service process for jobseekers and for the provision of services to promote employment. The purpose of the pilots is to improve access to the labour market especially for the long-term unemployed and those in a more vulnerable position in the labour market.
The local government pilots on employment will begin on 1 March 2021 and end on 30 June 2023.
For more information on the preparation of the local government pilots on employment visit the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment website.
A total of 25 areas and 118 municipalities will participate in the pilot projects.
Pilot areas and municipalities participating in the local government pilots on employment:
- Pilot in Espoo: Espoo
- Pilot in the South Ostrobothnia area: Alavus, Isojoki, Karijoki, Kurikka, Kauhajoki, Teuva, Soini
- Pilot in Helsinki: Helsinki
- Pilot in the Hämeenlinna area: Hämeenlinna, Hattula, Janakkala
- Pilot in the Joensuu area: Joensuu, Outokumpu, Liperi, Polvijärvi, Kontiolahti
- Pilot in the Jyväskylä area: Jyväskylä, Laukaa, Muurame, Äänekoski
- Pilot in Jämsä, Keuruu and Saarijärvi: Jämsä, Keuruu, Saarijärvi
- Pilot in the Kainuu area: Hyrynsalmi, Kajaani, Kuhmo, Sotkamo, Suomusalmi, Paltamo, Ristijärvi
- Pilot in the Kokkola area: Kokkola, Kannus, Perho, Kaustinen, Veteli, Halsua, Toholampi, Lestijärvi
- Pilot in the Kuopio area: Kuopio, Iisalmi, Lapinlahti, Siilinjärvi, Sonkajärvi, Vieremä
- Pilot in the Lahti area: Lahti, Hollola, Asikkala, Kärkölä, Orimattila
- Pilot in the Mikkeli area: Mikkeli, Juva, Hirvensalmi, Mäntyharju, Kangasniemi, Puumala, Pertunmaa
- Pilot in the Oulu area: Oulu, Hailuoto, Ii, Kempele, Liminka, Lumijoki, Tyrnävä, Muhos
- Pilot in Pirkanmaa: Tampere, Akaa, Hämeenkyrö, Ikaalinen, Juupajoki, Kangasala, Kihniö, Lempäälä, Mänttä-Vilppula, Nokia, Orivesi, Parkano, Pirkkala, Punkalaidun, Pälkäne, Ruovesi, Sastamala, Urjala, Valkeakoski, Vesilahti, Virrat, Ylöjärvi
- Pilot in the Pori area: Pori, Kokemäki, Ulvila
- Pilot in Porvoo: Porvoo
- Pilot in the Raahe area: Raahe, Pyhäjoki, Siikajoki
- Pilot in Raseborg and Hanko: Raasepori, Hanko
- Pilot in the Rovaniemi area: Rovaniemi, Tornio, Kemijärvi, Sodankylä
- Pilot in the Salo area: Salo, Marttila, Koski Tl
- Pilot in Savonlinna: Savonlinna
- Pilot in Seinäjoki and Ilmajoki: Seinäjoki, Ilmajoki
- Pilot in the Turku area: Turku, Laitila, Paimio, Sauvo, Uusikaupunki
- Pilot in Vantaa and Kerava: Vantaa, Kerava
- Pilot in the Ylivieska area: Ylivieska, Alavieska, Kalajoki, Merijärvi, Oulainen
Customers of pilot projects
Customers who will transfer to the pilot projects in the areas include unemployed jobseekers, persons in employment and persons participating in employment-promoting services whose municipality of residence is in the pilot area and who are
- not entitled to earnings-related unemployment allowance, or who are
- aged under 30, immigrants or foreign-language speakers.
For more information on customers in local government trials on employment visit the TE services website.